Cleanrooms are areas within properties where higher than normal environmental standards are maintained. A cleanroom can be defined as an area with environmental control of particulate contamination, temperature and humidity constructed in such a way as to minimise the introduction, generation and retention of particles inside the room.
Currently there are drivers in the Industry that are changing facility design for cleanrooms such as:
- Continuous Manufacturing rather than batch manufacturing
- Single use technologies & disposables
- Smaller batches “Niche” drug products
- Remodelling of older facilities to suit smaller scale manufacturing
What does this mean for future facilities?
They will be smaller, leaner, highly adaptable and more efficient. The design will focus on multi use with process flexibility. Facilities will be designed for frequent and routine gaseous decontamination for rapid reconfiguration.
Ardmac understand this drive towards greater efficiency. Through using technology, such as animation and BIM, Ardmac can optimise communication, improve quality, reduce rework, minimize risk and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Ardmac’s second generation Cleanroom construction solution offers products and systems that meet the needs of efficiency, flexibility, and adaptability with superior quality for today’s cleanroom construction:
- With fast integration and flexible configuration
- Walls – Bi-panel cleanroom partitions; independent stud framework.
- Ceilings – Hollow two pan systems with a modular grid.
- Lighting, Filter systems & Utility plates that are modular and inter changeable
- All with components that can be easily changed to suit facility alterations due to product and process changes.